PE and Sports Funding 2020 2021 £17,300 (To be confirmed)
PE and Sports Funding 2019 2020 £18,840
The Government is providing funding of £150 million per year to provide new, substantial primary sport funding.
This funding is being jointly provided by the Department for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport and is intended to go directly to primary schools to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all pupils.
The sport funding can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools. However, schools have the freedom to choose how they do this.
Money is allocated to schools based on their size.
At St Richard's the Sport's Funding is spent on:-
- The Purchase of new PE equipment.
- Paying for PE Coaches and Qualified PE Specialists to work in School
- Paying for Specialist Swimming Coaches to work with Pupils
- Subsidising costs for pupils participating in PE / Sport competitions, events and festivals.
The Impact of the Sport's Funding:-
- Staff and Pupils have access to a quality range of equipment
- Enough equipment for all pupils to work towards good and outstanding lessons
- Pupils experience a new range of quality equipment
- Staff experience continuous professional development by working alongside specialist coaches
- Pupils experience specialist teaching of a sport or a game
- Supports and enhances the opportunity for all pupils to participate in sport
- Increase participation levels across School
- Increase pupils' well being and levels of fitness.